Sponsorship Sales Executives are responsible for the selling of sponsorship packages to blue chip companies and industry professionals. This is a crucial role that has significant impact on the success of an event as a huge amount of event revenue is generated through sponsorship.
Companies sponsor events due to the exposure it gives their organisation, therefore it is the role of a Sponsorship Sales Executive to make clients aware of the commercial advantages of sponsoring an event.
In addition to their basic salary, an individual's earning potential is significantly increased through commission and can often double their salary in a year.
Main responsibilities include:
· Working with the production team to understand the event programme and target audience
· Thoroughly researching the industry and identifying key solution providers in the market
· A combination of telephone and face to face sales activities to pitch to new and existing clients
· Adopting a consultative approach to become a trusted advisor to new and existing event sponsors
· Consistently meeting KPIs including daily call times
· Managing and growing key sponsorship accounts
· Being a new business hunter, approaching and selling to high level executives from leading companies
· Travelling globally to attend the conferences and events in order to network with your sponsors and maintain sponsor relationships onsite
Skills and experience required:
· A strong work ethic
· Money motivated and highly commercial
· Highly confident on the phone and possesses the credibility and gravitas to speak to senior industry players daily
· Target driven, ambitious and eager to learn and develop
· Able to employ a consultative sales approach to enable clients to understand why they should sponsor an event
· An ability to understand a potential sponsor's business, in order to accurately match their needs to your product
· Highly tenacious
A marketing, sales or business related degree would be an advantage but not essential.
How commission is calculated varies depending on the company and their events, however, most graduate Sponsorship Sales Executives can expect to earn up to 60% of their basic salary again in commission.