Do you thrive under pressure, have a passion for organisation and the ability to handle responsibility right from the start?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Event Manager with a can-do attitude to join the expanding Operations Team within a globally renowned media company.
You will play a key role in helping organise a busy portfolio of virtual and physical international events. If you want the opportunity to work in a fast-paced global b2b conference company and develop your career quickly, we want to hear from you!
As Event Manager, you will:
- Successfully plan and manage the end-to-end logistics for a high volume of events - all formats: in-person, hybrid & virtual
- Support and offer guidance to the event coordinator assisting you on various key tasks for your events
- Research and source venues, suppliers, and contractors - then negotiate budgets and contracts to ensure quality of service whilst keeping costs to a minimum
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to bring the events to life and ensure their commercial success
- Travel to and supervise the on the day running of the events
- At least 3 years’ experience managing B2B conferences and exhibitions
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively, work efficiently and juggle competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
- Extensive experience of managing budgets and reporting on expenditure
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- A truly global career and progression opportunities
- First-rate training, support and guidance with daily exposure to management
- Flat structure with excellent career progression – promotion is invariably internal
- Relaxed, work hard, play hard environment
- Summer and Christmas company parties, social culture
- Discounted gym membership
- Relaxed environment, casual attire
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual. You will immediately become an integral part of a team where responsibility comes as standard, and your career path is up to you.
Location: Canary Wharf (min. 2 days a week in office)
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000
1 year FTC
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management. Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a discussion on your career.
Please note, we cannot respond to all applications. Should you not hear from us within 28 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Location: Canary Wharf
- Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 / Annum
- Consultant: Lils