Portfolio Development Director – Ref. 883003
One of our clients is undergoing an exciting new launch within their established business and are seeking a Portfolio Development Director to be part of the journey!
You may have an extensive background in Conference Production or within Subscription or Sponsorship Sales. This is the perfect opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual looking for their next career move into something unique and exciting.
We are seeking an ambitious person to turn a £300K subscription business into a £3M asset, laying the foundations for significant growth beyond that. If you have experience working on such launch projects in commercially driven publishing and conference companies, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who thrives in making a mark in a start-up style environment, blazing a trail that hasn’t been travelled before, and are passionate about getting results for your clients as much as for yourself. You will be helping strategic life science leaders plug into value-adding, year-round online collaborative communities of peers working in the same rapid growth scientific areas.
Key components of the role include:
- Prospect engagement – engaging with, and securing buy-in from (24-36) members of existing event audiences to help you co-create communities they would be prepared to invest time and money in.
- Commercial validation - personally closing 12+ of these opening prospects to commit to becoming founder partners of the communities you establish, supported by signed founder partner agreements.
- Operational planning.
- Meeting moderation.
- Community development.
- Account management.
- 2.5+ years of conference production or strategic sales experience.
- A track record of successful topic generation/identification and an eye for a commercial opportunity.
- Experience of closing new business directly and comfort in high level commercial conversations.
- A desire to work in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment and operate as a true ‘all-rounder’.
- A high degree of comfort in front of an audience of senior people facilitating strategic conversations.
- 2:1 or above.
- The opportunity to work in a profitable, dynamic, fast-growth business environment.
- World class training, superior development options, and unlimited career opportunities.
- A supportive, sociable environment that loves to celebrate success, and does so regularly.
Location: Central London / Flexi-remote
Salary: Basic salary of £45,000-£55,000 DOE (with an OTE of £70,000-£80,000)
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management. Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.
- Location: London
- Salary: Basic salary of £45,000-£55,000 DOE (with an OTE of £70,000-£80,000)
- Consultant: Chloe