Calling all Producers with a passion or interest in politics, economics or digital currency. Our client is a market leading think tank and is on the hunt for super star Conference Producers with a thirst for politics and/or economics. Our client prides itself on having ‘start up’ culture where each and every employee has a voice and a chance to make a real impact, combined with a fun and outgoing team!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Researching themes and sourcing policy-makers, academics or other speakers for meetings and events of interest to our members.
- Working with banks/technology providers/big tech and fintech/consultancy firm clients on creating meeting and event ideas to suit their needs. Creating event programmes on topics to attract their desired audience, securing appropriate speakers, and ensuring the right balance of public and private sector attendees. Both a commercial and academic approach is required to liaise with both the clients and the speakers.
- Developing relationships with key public investment institutions including central banks, ministries of finance, development banks and financial regulators. Providing value to both the central banks and members through joint meetings.
- Creating meeting and event programmes for global, virtual roundtables and seminars on themes related to digital finance with a focus on money and payments.
- This role sits within the digital finance team, comprising of meeting programmers, editors and commercial managers. Working closely with the logistics, membership and marketing teams, you will produce around 30 meetings a year. These range in size from 25-person roundtables, to panel discussions, to conferences – although all are conducted virtually at the moment. You will be responsible for updating the company website and CRM system, as well as arranging project meetings to keep internal stakeholders fully informed.
- It is crucial to have a deep understanding and/or enthusiasm to learn about CBDCs/fintech/digital economy.
- You are an excellent writer, able to make the most complex issues seem captivating. Meeting new people and building strong relationships comes naturally to you. Although you are not a salesperson, the commercial aspect of the description above does not faze you and you would be confident in persuading someone of the benefits of funding your programme.
- Not only do you have excellent attention to detail, but you appreciate the value of producing flawless programmes, as they represent the professionalism of the firm. You enjoy working hard and becoming immersed in your topic. You can identify and justify why a meeting is important and why it would be of interest to our members.
- Your colleagues rely on you to be organised and to complete your tasks on schedule, so that they can complete theirs. You are used to working in a team and know how to get the best out of those around you.
- You must have a 2:1 undergraduate degree or higher, in a related field.
- It would be an advantage to have:
- Prior experience in finance, economics, technology or in conference production for financial events
- Salesforce and InDesign experience
- Location: London
- Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 DOE
- Consultant: Chloe