VIP Relations / Audience Development Associate
Are you a Conference Producer looking for the next challenge? Or perhaps you work in strategic sales and looking to take your career to the next level? We are seeking an Audience Development Associate (VIP/Investor Relations) to join a global FTSE 250 company with fantastic benefits, offering an exciting global career.
This is a truly unique role, joining their newly created division covering commodities, telecoms and finance sector events. You will become an integral part in shaping the future success of this portfolio. As if this wasn’t enough, you will get to travel the world as part of your role!
If a sales role is what you’re seeking, look away. For this role we are looking for strategically minded individuals with a passion for account management and business development. You will become the brains behind audience strategy, and the driving force of the portfolio’s success.
We are looking for someone with gravitas, willingness to learn, excellent rapport-building skills and natural curiosity. As Audience Development Associate, your purpose is to build, engage and sustain targeted audiences to fulfil demographics, overall attendance and support sales/revenue goals for the event portfolio.
This is a sophisticated role where you will work closely with the content team to develop and implement a tailored audience development strategy for each conference, leveraging all platforms and touchpoints whilst conducting outreach.
- Identify, foster and maintain personal relationships with target clients
- Travel to events if required (globally); manage onsite elements from registration to roundtable sessions, facilitating networking and support the onsite team delivering a superior experience for all attendees
- Interact daily via email and phone with conference attendee leads, typically C-level execs and other VIPs
- Work with core sponsors to ensure their clients are suitably represented at the event and that they have received appropriate delegate lists in advance
- Conference production, event sales, account management, investor/VIP relations or audience development experience
- Experience in working on the phone and face-to-face with executives in a B2B environment
- Energy and focus to succeed in a high-volume workday
- The ability to approach the job as one driven essentially by a sales mentality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to use data from multiple sources to gain insights and help drive decisions
- Exceptional communication skills: a good listener, strong oral and written communications skills, and customer-focused
Fantastic company benefits, including:
- Long weekends (finish at lunchtime every Friday!)
- Ability to choose to work from home or in the office however suits you (fully remote is possible!)
- Generous holiday entitlement and great employee benefits
- Access to LinkedIn leaning for training and upskilling
- Salary: £35,000 plus 10% OTE
- Location: City of London / Remote
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Salary: £35,000 + 10% bonus
- Consultant: Lils Collingwood