Senior Conference Producer / Brand Director
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Conference Producer who is looking to step up into the role of Brand Director with P&L responsibility to generate new launches, grow repeats and manage their own portfolio of events.
Among the many events they put on, they bring together world leading experts who are cutting through emerging life science research. The events are held in various cities across North America and Europe.
You will join a collaborative production team, with the remit to discover, develop and nurture new conference ideas in emerging therapeutic classes, disease areas and technology fields – with the ultimate goal to building leading brands for the specific life science communities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Conference Producer with a Life Sciences background looking to take that next step up. Although the role doesn’t involve management to begin with there is the potential for this.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Repeat event and launch validation of a portfolio of conference products throughout the calendar year
- A strong emphasis on validation, the development of new conference ideas, getting deep understanding in key industry sectors to find new, niche and technical topics
- As well as producing repeat events, there is plenty of scope to take the lead on the direction of your area, especially in terms of new conference topic ideas that you want to launch
- Management of Project Teams (and in the future direct management of conference producers) to deliver your own event ideas and ensure successful launch to market
- Full P&L responsibility, with the opportunity to scale up the portfolio through the creation of more product opportunity (product quality and quantity) as quickly as the commercial results demonstrate market potential
If you have ambitions to run your own conference business – this could be the role for you!
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level (2.1 and above) or equivalent
- Have a proven track record of producing Life Science Conferences (3 years plus)
- Have excellent commercial acumen
- Have a passion for producing events in the Life Science sector
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and will do whatever it takes to get things done
- Experience of strategic portfolio development or new event validation is desirable, but not essential.
About the company
Join a dynamic company, offering an excellent culture of transparency, honesty and support – perfect if you are looking to move away from the “churn and burn”.
Perks of the job include extensive learning opportunities, unlimited career opportunities, great company social events, office yoga, wellbeing champions, monthly awards and flexible working.
Salary: £35,000 - £60,000
Job Code: 882926
Please note, we cannot respond to all applications. Should you not hear from us within 28 working days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Location: London
- Salary: £35,000 - £60,000 / Annum
- Consultant: Chloe