Looking for a driven, committed and passionate Event Executive to build on their career within the conference sector with a fantastic membership organisation.
Our client is a registered charity with members in over 70 different countries and run a busy calendar of conferences virtually and from their central London venue. The events portfolio is diverse, covering some innovative sectors such as food and agriculture, pharmaceuticals, environmental science and safety.
The successful Event Executive will be working closely with volunteer committees and organise high quality conferences, evening lectures and online webinars.
Your key responsibilities are to successfully manage events, project managing all aspects of the conference including:
- Create and manage budgets, forecasting and final reconciliation of financial outcome
- Venue sourcing, pre-planning meetings and site inspections
- Manage all suppliers and logistics during the event
- Sponsorship/exhibition fulfilment and speaker management
- Coordinate design/content of relevant published materials
- Assist in the promotion of events
What we are seeking:
- 2 years of planning, managing and running events – looking for experience running live events, not just virtual!
- Ideally from a membership body, association, charity or NFP
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, energetic and reliable. Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Exemplary organisational skills to plan and manage a complex workload of events to the highest standard.
- Experience working with committees or volunteers, able to confidently communicate at all levels with a professional manner
- An interest in science and its application in industry
- Experience using CRM systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics
Location: Central London
Job code: LC882917
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note, we cannot respond to all applications. Should you not hear from us within 28 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Location: London
- Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 / Annum
- Consultant: Lils