Business Development Executive
Global conference company with over 30 years’ experience is looking for a talented and confident Business Development Executive. This diverse role requires someone with a background in conference sales and who is ready to take the next step in their events career.
Great commission and stimulating working environment.
Join a commercially driven and dynamic events company with a great social culture, lovely office space, and even office dogs! You’ll be part of a collaborative team, taking the lead on sponsorship sales within a hybrid virtual/physical international portfolio. You’ll be responsible for generating revenue through building strong client relationships and new business contacts.
An excellent opportunity for a tenacious and driven individual to accelerate their career within a fast-growing conference company.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop a strong understanding of the suppliers operating in a specific sector in order to research and build campaigns to prospect for new clients
- Prepare email blasts for this target market and follow up with telephone contact and face to face meetings where appropriate
- Lead discussions with potential clients about their business and understand how you can help them meet their goals
- Identify, prioritise and qualify opportunities to ensure effective use of time
- Prepare proposal documents to generate new business
- Handle inbound enquiries
- Develop a small portfolio of clients and build longer-term relationships
- A background in event delegate sales
- An interest in business and excellent commercial awareness.
- Naturally inquisitive to probe critical information from clients.
- Tenacity and determination to succeed.
- Ability to build trust and sell in an open and honest manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent academic background. Ideally a 2:1 from a good university and BBB at A-level
Salary £24,000 OTE £50K
Job code: LC882904
Please note, we cannot respond to all applications. Should you not hear from us within 28 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management. Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.
- Location: London
- Salary: £24,000 basic - approx £50K OTE
- Consultant: Lils