Senior Conference Producer
Exceptional opportunity for an experienced Conference Producer to join a highly regarded research-based events company. Specialising in a variety of industries there is little in the way of hierarchy and plenty of opportunity for ambitious, talented individuals!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Conference Producer to come in and work on the annual flagship event which is organised under a partnership with the British Government and other key stakeholders.. One of the strengths of the company is that they are very well connected with governments, regulators, supranational bodies and senior executives across the world. This event is sponsorship led, so you will need to be able to bring on board sponsors, this is not a ‘hard-sell’!
This role is based in Bank, Central London and offers a salary of £34-35,000 plus very generous profit share.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Researching (primarily phone research) new and existing conference ideas
- Assessing the feasibility of the conference ideas and writing innovative conference programmes
- Inviting industry leaders to come on board as speakers – also maintaining good and frequent contact to ensure their attendance on the day
- Identifying potential sponsors and successfully negotiating sponsorship packages
- Ensuring the smooth running of the conference on the day, introducing and ‘hosting’ the event
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience producing high level conferences ideally within Finance or Infrastructure sector
- Be educated to degree level with a 2.1 or above in a research-based subject. A post-graduate degree would be preferable
- Have exceptional written and spoken English, attention to detail is essential!
- Be comfortable speaking with top executives and government officials
- Be able to possess strong analytical and research skill and have excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Have an aptitude for business, strong commercial awareness, be self-motivated and confident enough to manage their own projects
Not the right role for you? Recommend a friend or colleague and, upon successful placement, receive Virgin experience day vouchers!
Please note, we cannot respond to all applications. Should you not hear from us within 28 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Location: London
- Salary: circa £35,000 basic plus generous profit share
- Consultant: Lils