Head of Content and Web
Fantastic opportunity for a Head of Content and Web to join a vibrant, forward-thinking events company in Brighton!
Our client delivers two vibrant trade shows each year in US and Europe attracting over 15,000 participants. The shows facilitate face-to-face business meetings between exhibitors and buyers within the industry. They also feature professional, free education and numerous networking events. The team have remained strong and pivoted to produce award-winning virtual experience for their customers.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and creative web and content lead who will plan and deliver a new and industry leading online presence elevating the brand’s digital offering to a 365 day a year platform providing the business events industry a new source inspiration and connections.
Based in the Marcomms team of 12 the newly created role of Head of Content and Web will have overall responsibility of the company website portfolio and all content marketing initiatives including managing a small team of content creators and website contributors.
This role will join a newly created self-managing senior unit within the Marcomms team that share company-wide leadership responsibilities.
- Overall responsibility of the various event websites and customer portal websites
- Leading the strategy to suit modern business needs, including clear objectives and KPIs
- Work with the internal team of CMS contributors including the Senior Publications Manager, content creators, designers and marketers to ensure timely updates to all sites.
- Work with the Event Tech team on the development of customer portals and their interface with the public facing websites.
- Recommend and implement a comprehensive SEO (organic and technical), web optimization and conversion strategy (with support of digital marketers).
- Planning and content strategy creation
- Lead the creation and delivery of an annual content calendar, increasing the current output significantly.
- Scope out and implement a new “content hub”
- Collaborate closely with the current publications and content creation team to build the new strategy.
- Develop existing and new content forms, including:
- Written word: interviews, research reports, case studies, eBooks/whitepapers, trends reporting, blogs and collaborative projects with partners
- Other forms of content: video, podcasts, webinars, infographics, “how to guides”, social media, user generated content, and any other “light touches” to delight such as GIFs, memes and quizzes!
- Amplify content through a multitude of channels. Email marketing, Social media, Presentations at live and virtual events and more!
- Proven experience in a website management level role.
- Experience in managing either content, web or marketing team members.
- A proven track record of planning and producing “thought leadership” level content.
- Experienced in producing a range of different content forms.
- A self-starter with the ability to research independently using a wide variety of sources.
- Hold an opportunistic mindset and actively seek out new connections and collaborations.
- Openness to continually expand and learn new content skills for you and the team.
- A high level of quality, detail and accuracy is required.
- A high level of organisational skills is required including the ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel to industry events and engage with international stakeholders.
Our client offers a wonderful workplace and great company culture. Join their hardworking, innovative and collaborative team and you’ll receive:
- A highly competitive salary, £50,000
- A brand new, flexible working policy including the opportunity for some remote working (please note, this role is in Brighton, applicants must be happy commuting or working in Brighton at least 3 days a week)
- Newly refurbished, central Brighton & Hove offices with subsidised parking
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Travel to Europe and US most years
- A culture promoting your health – In-house Pilates, massages, meditation, and fruit!
- Personal development opportunities ranging from access to ground-breaking conferences to in-house training and team building days
- Their social responsibility both locally and to the industry is important to them– They allow time for voluntary work and love a good bake day to raise funds!
- The opportunity to work cross-team on what matters to you in one of our voluntary “squads” e.g. our Diversity and Inclusion or Green squads which influence the business and even our industry
Applicants must send a covering letter, CV and examples of work to:
Closing date is Wednesday 6th January 2021
- Location: Brighton
- Salary: £50,000
- Consultant: Lils