Exciting opportunity for an Event Manager to join the Conferences and Events department of a leading association within the travel industry. The Event Manager will research, deliver and project manage a varied portfolio of travel industry events.
The association are looking for an ambitious Event Manager who is keen to progress and develop their career. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants a varied position and responsibility on the full event cycle. Not only will you be producing unique and interesting content, writing memorable agenda and sourcing industry leading speakers, you will also manage your event operations from start to finish! This is a great role for anyone who, when it comes to their events, likes to have fingers in all the pies!
Working within the travel sector is rewarding, varied and very interesting! You will cover content from everything that affects the travel sector, including: cyber security, social media and travel marketing , immigration and Brexit, animal welfare in tourism, finance, sustainability, crisis management law and much more!
The association are supportive and offer excellent benefits to their employees. Join a friendly team, a collaborative working environment, and be part of a company that proudly represent a fascinating industry. This is a unique opportunity to really take control of your events as you will be responsible for the content creation and logistics with support of an events coordinator. If you are an experienced Conference Producer looking to move into a more varied position, this could be your chance!
- In-depth telephone based and desk research of key subject areas and hot topics.
- Write commercially viable programmes , source and secure senior industry speakers and partners
- Produce marketing copy to support the events
- Budget management and reporting, scenario planning
- Briefing the sales, marketing and sponsorship team to ensure financial targets are met
- Full responsibility for the end-to-end logistics resulting in the delivery of high quality and profitable events
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience producing commercially viable conferences
- Minimum 2:1 degree
- Commercially astute
- Gravitas! Outgoing, excellent communicator, switched on and on the ball
- Experience of liaising with key stakeholders and senior-level speakers
- Be a team player!
- 25 days’ annual holiday, 28 days after 3 years of service and 30 days after 5 years
- Discounts at local businesses
- Travel benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical scheme
- Cycle scheme
When you refer a friend or colleague to Albany and we successfully place them, we will send you experience day vouchers. Activities include: View from the Shard, Climb the O2, spas, glamping and
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management.
Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,000 - £37,000 / Annum
- Consultant: Federica