Join a global FTSE 250 publishing and events company based in the City. Our client run an extensive portfolio of large-scale events across the world covering Telecoms, Commodities, Investment, and Finance. The company are well-known for their entrepreneurial culture - the people are creative, action-orientated, passionate and knowledgeable.
They are looking for an ambitious, articulate and confident Account Manager. You will work on a portfolio of sponsorship accounts for a major event held in the US every year.
The role will involve managing established clients and territories as well as delivering significant new business to the portfolio. This will be a good mix of account management and new business generation.
The role will include international travel to the US - perfectly suiting a candidate with an interest and experience in international business.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Exceed agreed sales targets on repeat and new business
- Research, identify and close new business
- Management of accounts within defined territories - understanding client’s ongoing objectives and delivering growing revenue from these clients across the events portfolio
- Identify and develop new commercial opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior level decision makers, using a highly consultative sales process
- Travel to visit clients
- A minimum of 3 years conference sales experience
- Demonstrable new business generation skills
- A proven ability to exceed targets
- Motivated, consultative, and exceptional attention to detail
- You'll need to be a team player and have great interpersonal skills. You'll be travelling and onsite with a tight-knit team, so it's crucial you can get roll up your sleeves, get stuck in and work well with everyone.
When you refer a friend or colleague to Albany and we successfully place them, we will send you experience day vouchers.
Activities include: View from the Shard, Climb the O2, spas, glamping and hotels, fine dining, afternoon tea, cocktail making, cookery classes, Segway adventures, Zorbing, and much more!
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management. Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.
- Location: London
- Salary: circa £35,000 basic. OTE £52K
- Consultant: Lils