Head of Marketing
Innovative, fast-paced B2B events organisation specialising in Energy and Infrastructure is looking to hire a highly-motivated Head of Event Marketing, who combines strong analytical skills, leadership, with a commitment to creative and strategic B2B events marketing.
Based in South West London, the company operates globally and over the past 22 years, their events have become widely acknowledged within the energy industry.
As the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for developing the marketing strategy and forging relationships with external partners whilst also liaising with other departments within your team.
Key responsibilities include:
Planning and Strategy:
- Create, develop and implement innovative and effective marketing plans
- Understand, communicate and deliver the event brand to the desired target market
- Ongoing analysis of marketing activity to maximise ROI. Managing marketing budgets
Marketing Branding and Communications:
- Create and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Manage delivery for all marketing materials including brochures and promotional materials
- Proactively review data, identify potential research areas and source data
- Build and maintain effective event websites and microsites
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with suppliers
- Monitor all marketing responses and complete on-going marketing analysis
- Plan and manage budgets and process invoices
Public Relations and Media Management:
- Manage a creative and effective advert campaign
- Negotiate and deliver media partner agreements
- Develop and manage tender process
- Managing two marketing executives plus more when contract staff are hired
- Liaise with clients and across teams, maintaining clear communication and excellent relationships
- Investigating new ideas for improving and advancing all areas of business.
- Minimum 4 - 5 years’ marketing experience working in a B2B conference/exhibitions environment. Marketing for commercially driven exhibitions preferred.
- Experience in the energy sector would be a huge bonus.
- University Graduate - preferably within a marketing/business related subject
- Good combination of creative and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiator who thrives under pressure
- Good time management - capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Able to juggle multiple projects
- Enthusiasm, drive & determination
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems, act on your own initiative and think laterally
- Available and willing to travel internationally 2-3 trips per year for a week at a time. You will away for up to a month during busier event periods.
- Location: London
- Salary: circa £45,000 DOE
- Consultant: Lils