Venue Sales and Diary Manager
circa £30,000 DOE
Leading medical charity based in Central London is looking to recruit a bright, commercial and highly organised Venue Sales and Diary Manager. You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Venue Sales and Marketing in maximising the sales income of the venue and ensuring optimum use of the dates and space. You will be line managing a team of five, ensuring the sales strategy is achieved to the highest standard.
- Proactively managing the reactive sales team (with 5 direct reports)
- Provide ongoing support to the proactive and reactive sales teams
- Deputise the Head of Venue Sales and Marketing as and when required
- Ensure smooth running of events
- Inducting, training and supervising new starters on product/venue knowledge and sales strategy
- Oversee daily feedback meetings, manage weekly sheet meetings, and chair monthly sales meetings. You will also have quarterly meetings with higher management to monitor past performance and discuss future diary of events
- Being the first point of contact with internal and external enquiries. Effective client management. Arranging site visits. Managing contracts. Negotiating rates.
- Regular competitor research and benchmarking
- A 'roll up sleeves’ approach. A positive and proactive leader. Ability to support and motivate the team. Creating a nurturing, positive and productive working environment for the whole team.
- Proven effective experience of taking the lead and managing staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of providing supervisory or management to a reactive venue/sales team.
- Events planning experience.
- Degree educated, ideally Events Management or relevant field.
- Recent venue sales and diary management at managerial level
- Ability to maintain organisational control and prioritise a busy workload
- Efficient, confident and reliable individual with demonstrable client management and face-to-face sales negotiation
- Proficient use of a booking software/database. Experience using Rendezvous advantageous.
- Generous 7% pension, increasing with age and length of service
- Increasing holiday structure, with additional days off over Christmas.
- Subsidised restaurant (one course for £1.50). Free refreshments.
- Season ticket loan
- Long service awards.
- Flu vaccination. Eye tests. Stop smoking £70 incentive.
- Membership and privilege schemes offering discounts with major retailers, holiday packages and food purchases
- Social club, team drinks and annual social events.
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 / Annum
- Consultant: Lils