You will be responsible for the delivery of all their products – which total around 500 events per year! These include training courses, forums, conferences, summits and large-scale exhibitions.
Reporting directly to the COO, this role involves directly day-to-day management of the operations teams in London.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Finance: full responsibility of budgets across the events function. Some event budgets are up to £600K. You will work with the Senior Leadership Team and Sales Directors to create new commercial opportunities.
- Contract Management and Venue Suppliers: Manage and develop a close relationship with key suppliers, monitor and review SLAs to ensure high level of service. Source and Review all agreements to obtain best costs.
- Management: Overall responsibility of a team of 11. Communicate the business strategy, monitor capacity, support and guide direct reports. Regular 1-1’s. Manage recruitment process for new staff. An agile and energetic leader who can recruit, establish and retain a strong team with a strong team culture
- Processes: An expert understanding of event and exhibitions both at the strategic and detailed technical level for all sizes: from small bespoke training events, to large scale exhibitions. Comfortable with accountability at a senior level.
- Extensive event management experience in exhibitions and complex events
- Proven experience successfully leading event operations teams
- Demonstrable experience in creating new commercial opportunities. Strong negotiation skills with venues, suppliers and sponsors.
- Work to deadlines, managing costs and budgets
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, and organisational skills
- Customer first and ‘roll up sleeves approach’
- £50,000 – 60,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with service
- Birthday day off
- 37.7 hour week
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Christmas and Summer parties
Salary: £50,000 – 60,000 DOE
When you refer a friend or colleague to Albany and we successfully place them, we will send you £250 of John Lewis vouchers!
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management. Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.
- Location: London
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 / Annum
- Consultant: Lils