Events Manager (6-month FTC to Permanent)
A global innovation foundation is seeking a passionate, experienced and creative Events Manager to lead the end-to-end management and support a portfolio of conferences, TED style talks, roundtables and workshops!
The role is initially a 6 month FTC with the potential of ongoing permanency – the companies’ vision is to bring together the innovation community within the UK and beyond to address key issues from the fields of entrepreneurship, science, technology, education and the arts. The commercially run charity spark and shape new ideas that improve how the world works for everyone and tackle the big challenges of our time.
As the Events Manager, you’ll oversee all aspects of the allocated events including coordinating programme production, marketing, operations, contracting, P&L and investigating revenue streams. The ideal candidate will be passionate about all things digital and have extensive experience in large-scale events. Join this vibrant and exciting work culture with space to develop in to greater opportunities.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead and project manage events to include full end-to-end management: venue sourcing and liaison, planning, budgeting, logistics, post-event analysis, and budget reconciliation
- Contribute to the overall creation and idea generation for events and assist in sourcing speakers and researching innovative content
- Support other event colleagues with managing, marketing and delivering further internal and external events
- Play a role in contributing to overall events strategy by developing and implementing business processes and best practices
- Be responsible for marketing events to specific target audiences: e-campaigns, website content, data management etc.
- Manage and deliver a year-round programme of flagship events while forming ongoing client relationships
- Successful track record of creating, project managing and delivering a range of events of varying scale and scope
- Demonstrable experience of managing commercial events including a clear understanding of P&L budget creation, management, reconciliation and reporting
- Experience of producing event programmes, inviting speakers and managing all aspects of negotiation and communication with stakeholders pre-event, onsite and post-event
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Management experience desirable to lead an events team
+ Must be available for a February start
- Beautiful modern office space by the river!
- Flexible starting and finishing work times
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum plus Bank holidays
- Location: Central London
- Salary: £37,000 per annum + excellent benefits
- Consultant: Lils