Independent conference company specialising in the technical energy sector is seeking an experienced Head of Production to lead a growing team and deliver a portfolio of high-quality, technical conferences.
Joining an innovative, small team of self-starters with an abundance of energy and enthusiasm to produce i conferences for the smart grid engineering community. The organisation set high standards and focus on building long term client relationships to drive repeat business. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Production will oversee a small team of Conference Producers and take responsibility for a series of 6 technically focused smart grid conferences per year.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled and come from engineering background with a proven track record of launching and growing a portfolio of B2B conferences. The Head of Production will embed new ways of working that lead to outstanding revenue results and align with the company’s mission to drive clean energy solutions.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Portfolio Management – Optimising resources to deliver the portfolio of technical conferences on time
- Product Development – Keep an eye on market developments and identify new opportunities for new conference content
- Quality Control – Carry out extensive research to implement insightful and innovative topics
- Marketing Messaging – Help create ground-breaking marketing messages that drive the impact of conferences
- People Development – Provide regular training and coaching to build the production teams skillset and support ongoing learning
- Budgeting – Present forecasting information alongside weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on activity
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a Technology, Engineering, or Business-related subject
- Extensive experience as a Conference Producer in a commercial B2B environment
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to spot new market trends
- Leadership qualities to inspire the improvement of behaviours and practices in the workplace
- Analytically minded with creative flair
- Excellent communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels
- Location: Central London
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + profit share scheme
- Consultant: Faye Hampton