Fantastic opportunity to join a global FTSE 250 events company. Managing a portfolio of knowledge exchange events between network strategy professionals. The portfolio comprises of international 3-4 day large scale conferences and exhibitions, webinars, and broadcasted videos.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for event management of all the events, end to end, ensuring every aspect of every event runs as smoothly as possible.
- All the planning, delivery and financial cost management of all the events.
- Dealing with venues, sponsors, suppliers, speakers and delegates on a day-to-day basis.
- Managing all aspects of the set up on site and attend all events. International travel is required.
The Operations Manager will be successful in this role if they:
- Are able to successfully manage one freelance/part time operations administrator and temporary on site staff
- Build relationships with sponsors and speakers as the day-to-day operational point of contact
- Develop great relationships with suppliers and successfully negotiate and manage contracts
- Can juggle day to day operational event delivery with the need, as part of a small team, to assist with sales admin, marketing admin and delegate registration from time to time
- Work with project team colleagues in production, marketing and sales teams from pre event through to post event wrap-up
- Use their creativity to produce great event collateral and branding
- Work closely with the sales team to identify new commercial opportunities
Person – Key Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Must have at least 3 years event management experience in commercial B2B event operations
- Bright, confident individual with proven project management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Able to quickly grasp new ideas, think on their feet and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills. Able to work independently and as part of a team within a pressurised environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong numerical skills - essential for budget and cost control
- Good negotiation skills with venues, suppliers and sponsors
- Excellent organisational skills and most importantly, a drive to succeed is essential to ensure the smooth running of the event
- Able to work under pressure and maintain a customer-focused approach.
- Must have a roll-up sleeves approach in dealing with events
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,000 + £6-7K bonus!
- Consultant: Lils