Fast-paced B2B media and events company in the heart of buzzy Old street is seeking a creative and tenacious Event Manager!
The Event Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of up to five flagship events across both conferences and awards. Reporting to the Head of Operations - you’ll manage, train, and develop line reports for a schedule of events including awards and conferences that are delivered on time, on budget, and to an exceptional standard.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the total delivery of events - delegating tasks and responsibilities to ensure a high standard is met on time and on budget
- Forecast, prepare, and manage the budgeting process in relation to event costs
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers and negotiate for best value
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders including clients and sponsors to convey key information and strategy
- Line manage by providing a clear development plan with feedback, coaching and training and opportunities
- Produce innovative events that wow customers and sponsors that reflect brand value and strategy
- Educated to degree level (2:1 or above)
- Minimum 2 years’ commercial B2B event experience
- Budget management experience, exceptional analytical skills and reporting
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to combat complex event logistics
- A confident communicator who excels at stakeholder management
- Advanced negotiation, problem solving and decision-making ability
- A natural leader with demonstrated people and line management experience
+ IOSH qualification is preferable and knowledge of SalesForce would be advantageous
- 25 days annual holiday leave
- Medical and Dental insurance for you and your family!
- Tax effective Childcare vouchers
- Location: London
- Salary: £29,000 + 20% performance bonus!
- Consultant: Lils