Our client is a leading B2B commercial conference company on a phenomenal growth journey. You will work on their largest portfolio at the heart of the organisation, Life Sciences. This is an incredibly unique role where you will be fundamental in contributing significant growth to the organisation through identifying and carving our new commercial opportunities.
If you thrive in making your mark in a start-up style environment, blazing a trail that hasn’t been well travelled before, and are passionate about getting results for your clients as much as for yourself, then this role, helping strategic life sciences leaders plug into value-adding year-round online networks of peers focused in similar areas is the perfect role for you.
This role is perfect for an existing producer who is highly commercial and looking to move into a more strategic, growth-driving role, or someone with a consultative sales background who is looking for more than just a typical events sales position.
What you will get from this exciting and unique position:
- The opportunity to work in a profitable, dynamic, fast-growth business environment
- World class support, superior development options, and unlimited career opportunities
- A supportive environment that loves to celebrate success through social events, awards and drinks
- The ability to work from home (3 days a week) and the London office (2 days a week)
- A basic salary of £35,000-£45,000 with an unbeatable commission structure (OTE of £60,000-£72,000 uncapped)
Our client is a leading player in the Life Science, Construction and HR sector and offer an unbeatable company culture, based on honesty and transparency. You only have to look at their unbeatable Glassdoor reviews to understand how much employees love to work there! Benefits include annual personal learning budget (want to learn how to knit, surf, cook etc then feel free), hybrid working, social clubs, office yoga, running club, annual award dinners, unbeatable staff parties, monthly social events, annual leave that increases to 30 days with service, 1st class training & development, unlimited career opportunities and much more!
For more than 10 years, our client has been recognised as one of the fastest growing SMEs in the UK and was able to pivot, thrive and profit in ways few others were able to during the COVID period. A big part of the reason was smart leadership, brilliant people and amazing culture. Our client’s training and career progression opportunities are hard to beat, their culture consistently remains at the heart of what they do, and working for them is consistently described as like being on a fast-track MBA. Our client has a clear vision to double in size within the next 5 years, after already doubled in size over the last 5 years, making it an extremely exciting time to join.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Opportunity identification: Working with the events team to identify opportunities within the event portfolio for year-round communities attached to the largest and fastest-growing events (4-6 per year)
- Prospect engagement: Engaging with, and securing buy-in from members of those event audiences to help you co-create focused communities
- Commercial validation: Personally closing 12+ of these opening prospects to commit to becoming founder partners of the communities you establish
- Community kick of: Founder partner onboarding, expectation management, preparing for and running of the first meeting of the group, and securing ongoing opt in before passing to team to manage
- 2+ years of conference production or strategic sales experience – ideally in the Life Sciences sector
- A track record of successful topic generation/identification and an eye for a commercial opportunity
- Experience of closing new business directly and comfort in high level commercial conversations
- A desire to work in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment and operate as a true ‘all-rounder’ A high degree of comfort in front of an audience of senior people facilitating strategic conversations
Location: Central London (min. 2 days office)
Salary: £35-£45k plus uncapped commission
When you refer a friend or colleague to Albany and we successfully place them, we will send you experience day vouchers. Activities include: View from the Shard, Climb the O2, spas, glamping and hotels, fine dining, afternoon tea, cocktail making, cookery classes, Segway adventures, Zorbing, and much more!
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management. Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.